Day by day and year on year we journey this life of lifetimes, born naked and innocent, open to the influence of The Sun, The Moon, The Earth and the Elements. Shaped by the will and the way of circumstance and experience, we live, learn and grow, as we follow our path along the spiral of infinity. We come from the Earth and return to the Earth in the timeless, endless flow of living energy, together as one, in love, peace and harmony with the strength and power of unity, the eternal spirit as one before the Sun.
The Sunwheel Grove offers a belief system for the modern world. We do not follow the Celtic myths and legends, tomes and tales like some Druid Orders and Pagan groups. Instead we go back to basics and honour Nature, the Elements and the connection between ourselves and The Sun, The Moon and The Earth as we believe ancient druids would have done and how we see the movement of modern druidry.Our Grove is built on a solid foundation with a focus on the balance and energies of a triangle.
- The Triad of harmony and balance.
- The Sun, The Moon and The Earth.
- The spiral of infinity that connects three unique perspectives to create a web of understanding and a network of energy and life, harmony and belonging.
We celebrate the seasons and the life of the Sun wheel with Nine Ceremonies set out by The Sunwheel Calendar and honour the Eight Festivals celebrated through the ages by the ancient Britons. The Solstices, the Equinoxes, Imbolc, Beltane, Lughnasadh and Samhain.
We also honour:
- The memory of our Ancestors!
- The long held connections and the recently departed!
- The roots of our living history – Our families and friends!
- The Teachers of life and its lessons!
- Our Ancestors reaching back through the past journeys and threads of life and time!
We honour our Ancestors, their lives stretching back into pre-history, for their understanding of the flow of the seasons, and the turning of the Sun wheel and the sky above us. For their wisdom and skills, that led to the building of amazing structures such as Stonehenge, Avebury and the Rollright Stones and the burial chambers, such as New Grange, Maes Howe, West Kennet and Wayland’s Smithy to name but a few.
- The Energy and The Fertility of The Earth!
- The Energy of Creation!
- The Seed of Life!
- The Seed of Growth Within and without!
- The form of self-expression through Word, Art, Music and Dance!
- And Self-Awareness through the art of Meditation!
In summary, we believe that unlike so called organised religion, Druidry and Paganism gives you and your personal belief the freedom to breathe and it’s our similarities and our connection that brings us together in the understanding of Unity!
Hawk Elderin & Morien Ravenstone
Sunwheel Grove Druid Order